Los Tarrales ranges in altitude from 700 to 3500 m (2300 – 11,500 ft) and is home to more than 340 bird species.
It harbors 21 regional endemic bird species, including Horned Guan, Highland Guan, Azure-rumped Tanager, and Blue-tailed Hummingbird.
Trails lead through shade coffee plantations, pine-oak and cloud forest.
Subtropical Humid Forest, Montane Forest
- White-bellied Chachalaca Ortalis leucogastra
- Crested Guan Penelope purpurascens
- Highland Guan Penelopina nigra
- Horned Guan Oreophasis derbianus
- Great Curassow Crax rubra
- King Vulture Sarcoramphus papa
- Resplendent Quetzal Pharomachrus mocinno
- Tody Motmot Hylomanes momotula
- Yellow-naped Parrot Amazona auropalliata
|Total Distance:||3.6 miles|
|Elevation Change:||482 ft|
This is site is noticeable hotter than the other sites due to the fact that it is 2,500 feet lower in elevation. It is recommended to bring additional water and sun protection.
- Everilda Buchan Taniel